It’s no secret that a well-balanced diet of whole foods is the key to leading a lean and healthy life. With the roller coaster of fad diets, health studies released almost daily, and celebrities invading your living room TV with their tales of miracle weight loss, it is no wonder that Americans are confused about what to eat.
When in doubt, try to avoid eating anything that comes out of a box. If a product has more than six or seven ingredients in it, it is likely that some of those ingredients will contain chemicals and preservatives. It’s best to eat whole foods, as close to their natural form as possible. By doing this, you can fight obesity, addictions to simple sugars and carbs, and help you prevent a host of diseases related to poor diet. Your midsection, and your entire body will thank you.
So you know you should be eating whole foods to help you battle the bulge, but which ones? Are there any super foods for flat abs? Dr. Russ paints an ideal sketch of the diet and super foods for flat abs and good health. He suggests the following as the super foods for flat abs and excellent nutrition as well as a fulfilling meal course.
1. Oatmeal: If you have problems managing your cholesterol levels, this food is just the right option for you. Oatmeal is as tasty as it is nutritious with its complex carbohydrates, and cholesterol fighting abilities, your body will certainly benefit. A super food like this is perfect to kick-start your day, and keep you energized and focused until mid-day.
2. Organic Berries: These fruits are packed with fiber, manganese and phytochemicals that work as antioxidants. Also, vitamin-C is one very important constituent and makes it an ideal staple for a health-concerned wholesome diet. Berries not in season? Don’t be afraid to venture into the frozen food isle for organic berries. These fruits are often picked and frozen at their best, and are perfect to be incorporated in cereals, smoothies and they also work great as a quick snack.
3. Yogurt or kefir: Yogurt contains live organisms and probiotics, to help keep your digestive system on track. Since much of your immune system relies on your digestive track, it’s important to make sure you have cultivated an environment of good bacteria in your body that will help keep your immune system strong. As a super food for flat abs, it also helps pregnant mothers and Dr. Russ recommends yogurt and yogurt-based products as stellar health helpers.
4. Organic Broccoli: Anti-cancer elements (such as indole-3 carbinol) are the best part of consuming broccoli, cauliflower, Brussels sprouts and cabbage. These vegetables help rid your body of stubborn fat. Both adults and children stand to benefit from consuming this super food for flat abs.
5. Wild Caught Salmon: This fresh water fish is replete with omega-3 fatty acids and other essential fatty acids that help keep you healthy and lean. Fish oils help in decreasing cardiovascular (an inflammatory) malfunctions. Hence, they too are an important part of the super foods for flat abs, according to Dr. Russ and Dr. Stu.
6. Organic Orange Juice: A daily glass of OJ is the best way to consume calcium. It’s better to dilute the juice to decrease the effects of high sugar in the juice. It is also a shield against respiratory and skin problems. Make sure the OJ is organic, and that it definitely contains no high fructose corn syrup. I would also add citrus fruit to your diet for its liver detoxifying ability.
7. Tomato: These contain lycopene, a preventive tool against prostate cancer in men. Colon cancer and cardiovascular disorders can help to be prevented in women with the help of tomatoes. A little bit of cheese or other fat sources complement and enhance the attractive traits of tomatoes.
8. Organic Almonds and Almond Butter: As Dr. Russ and Dr. Stu recommend it as a good substitute for peanut butter, almonds and almond butter include healthier doses of fatty acids. They are good for fiber, vitamin E, calcium and other essential nutrient sources.
9. Organic Whole or 2% Milk: It’s important to consume organic milk, so you can avoid consuming unnecessary hormones that are common in non-organic milk. A small amount of fat in your milk can help you absorb important nutrients and vitamins. Some studies suggest that regular consumption of dairy can help slim your waistline.
These super foods for flat abs not only help in maintaining excellent health but also are great tools to acquire flat abs as well.